When you had a smartphone, WhatsApp was an open application. Your Whatsapp can be accessed by anyone who has access to your phone in order to read your private messages. Whatsapp already provides its customers with end-to-end encrypted messaging, so only those with whom they are in conversation can see the content of their messages. Still, there is still a problem. Your messages are not secure if someone uses your phone.
App lock applications are available for this purpose, but their ads are too intrusive, so you uninstall them after a while.
By introducing a Whatsapp lock within the WhatsApp application, this problem is resolved in the latest update of WhatsApp. To secure the app, Whatsapp now offers users the choice of adding either a fingerprint lock, pin lock, or face ID lock. This means that even if someone gets hold of your phone, your Whatsapp chats will be safe.
Android and iOS users can use Whatsapp’s new lock screen feature. The feature can be activated by going to the Whatsapp settings page.
When you hear about this feature, you must be ecstatic and want to try it immediately. We are going to explain step-by-step to you here how to create a password for your WhatsApp chats. You can secure your private conversations if you read this article to the end.
Whatsapp Password Setup Procedure
The first requirement is to have the latest and most updated version of Whatsapp. If you’re using an old version of WhatsApp, uninstall it right now and download the latest version from the Google Play Store, or you can find an updated version on a third-party website.
Your device must be updated to version 2.19.21 of Whatsapp. It is very easy to download and install Whatsapp.
Go to your Whatsapp settings after installing the latest version of the app. You will find the settings option in different locations depending on which Operating System you are using (Android or iOS).
How to set up a password for Whatsapp on Android?
- Android users can find the Whatsapp settings option by tapping the three dots on their home screen.
- Tap on “Account” in the settings once you find it.
- The Privacy option can be found under the Account section.
- On the privacy tab, tap.
- After you scroll down, you will find a Fingerprint lock option.
- The first step is to disable it. Then you can choose how long you want the lock to appear and other options.
- Select it under automatic lock.
How to set up a password for Whatsapp on an iOS device?
- The settings option can be found in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen for IOS users.
- Click on “Accounts” under “Settings.”
- The “PRIVACY” option is located at the top of the accounts page.
- Several options related to privacy will be available in the new menu.
- You’ll find the “Screen lock” option at the end of the screen.
- Enable “Face ID” by tapping this option.
- Once Face ID is enabled, you’ll see other options, such as the length of time for the lock to appear.
- Select it under automatically lock.
You can choose from three options:
- One minute later
- Half an hour later
You can now open WhatsApp with Face ID, fingerprint or passcode once Whatsapp Lock has been enabled. You can still answer calls and reply to messages from notifications while the lock is active.
How to setup GB Whatsapp’s password
Here are the steps you need to follow to set a password for GB Whatsapp:
- Get the GB Whatsapp app for your android phone and install it.
- Click on the three dots on the home screen of GB WhatsApp to find the Menu.
- You can find “GB settings” in the menu section.
- You can find the “Lock” option by clicking on GB settings and scrolling down.
- A passcode can be enabled by clicking the “Enable Passcode” option in the Lock section.
- Enter your 4-digit password by clicking on it. Confirm your password by clicking on it again.
- You will now be able to lock GB WhatsApp. You will be asked for your passcode every time you launch the app, making your chats safe and secure.
Using this method, you can set up the password for your IOS or Android device. With this password, you can now secure your data and conversations. We will bring you a tutorial for setting up a password on any other Whatsapp Mod if you let us know the name in the comments section, or if you have any further questions, you can ask us in the comments section.
- How To Merge Two WhatsApp Groups Together?
- How To Check Someone’s WhatsApp Profile Name?
- How to Crash Someone’s WhatsApp?
- How to Know If Someone Is Recording Your Call On WhatsApp?